Restorative Yoga for Easing Fatigue and Stress:
Causes For Fatigue and Stress:
Restorative yoga is one of the forms of yoga that is used for restoring body and muscles damages. Think of it as the therapeutic use of yoga to ease pain, stress, and fatigue in the body. To understand how it works, you will need to know the basics of how our body works. Stress and fatigue in our body are caused by anaerobic respiration in our body and muscles. Anaerobic respiration happens in the lack of oxygen and it creates lactic acid.
That induces pain, stiffness in muscles, and fatigue in our bodies. Prolonged exposure to this problem can cause severe stress, and mental problems as well. The only way to treat this situation is by blocking the anaerobic respiration in our muscles. To do this, we need to provide more oxygen to our body muscles. Excessive oxygen in our bodies will stop this process and production of lactic acid hence helping in relieving the pain, stiffness, and fatigue. Restorative yoga helps our bodies get the required oxygen when we practice restorative yoga and take deep breaths. It opens our lungs and improves our ability to filter oxygen and provide it to our muscles.
How Restorative Yoga Helps in Easing Fatigue and Stress?
Once you have learned about the problems and what causes these problems in your body, you can easily fix them. We know that fatigue and stress are caused by the inactivity and low supply of oxygen to muscles that happens because our lungs do not provide enough oxygen. So, the solution is to somehow make our lungs catch enough oxygen and provide it in our bloodstream so that our muscles can get enough oxygen for performance. So, here comes restorative yoga. Restorative yoga helps your body to reach the optimum level of work efficiency by providing maximum oxygen supply, proper stretch, and activity in your body.
Restorative Yoga Poses For Easing Fatigue and Stress:
Here are some of the restorative yoga poses that you should do that would help you ease fatigue and stress in your body.
The soft fish pose is an easy pose for anyone with a stress or fatigue problem to do. It is a simple pose that only requires sleeping down, breathing, and trying to get your body in a perfect alignment so that blood can flow properly in all of your body with the same pressure. It helps in the reduction of the pain in your neck and shoulder muscles. Here is how to do this pose.
- Start by sleeping normally on the floor mat.
- Make sure that all of your muscles are in normal positions.
- Slowly lift your shoulders above, and keep this posture while breathing.
- Inhale and exhale deeply during this pose to store extra oxygen.
This is also a very easy pose that you can do with and without support. It helps in opening your hips, thigh, and leg muscles. It also helps you align your back neck and shoulders properly. This reduces pain from almost all of these muscles and helps reduce fatigue and muscle stress from the body immediately. Here is how to do it.
- If you are doing it for the first time, you should use props or blankets for support.
- Bend your legs in a way that they depict the legs of a frog.
- Place your hands on the ground in front of your face and support the weight of your body.
- If you are using support, put half of your weight on your hands and keep your body in a lift position.
- Take deep breaths, inhale and exhale properly during the pose.
Legs On Chair:
It is another easy but important exercise that you should do if you are feeling stressed or fatigued. This restorative yoga pose restores the blood flow in your brain and regulates the blood supply in your hips, legs, and arms. This pose is very helpful in balancing the pressure in your body. Here is how to do it.
- Use a chair of normal height or a small table.
- Keep it close to your legs and place your legs on the table while you lay down on the floor mat.
- If you want, you can use a towel or a blanket to support your back.
- Now, your legs are on a table or a chair, and you are laying down.
- Keep breathing to make sure that you get enough oxygen
These are a few very important restorative yoga poses that can help you restore the normalcy and balance in your body. They can also help you restore your health as well. But to get all the benefits, you must learn its poses first. You can learn it from the Arhanta Yoga Ashram’s online classes